This Week Oct 14th – Oct 17th
We’ve Got Spirit!!!
If you would like to be kept up-to-date, we need your email address and permission to use it for just that purpose. Please return those half page blue forms that went home on Thursday to the LMCS PAC President box. Those who returned their forms on Friday were entered into a draw for a pair of Canucks tickets and the winner is – Kristen F., from Division 7! Congrats!
• Project Soul performance (one of the ArtStarts.com events that are PAC funded!)
• Earthquake Drill
• SPIRIT DAY – TBA
• PAC “Fundraising” Meeting – Carrie will be hosting a meeting in the library @ 9am… up for discussion are parent’s priorities for PAC spending and the amazing opportunities for fundraising available to us. All Parents/Guardians welcome, come be part of the conversation!
REMINDER: Fri 24th – Pro D Day NO SCHOOL!
• Entertainment Book Fundraiser is in full swing. Turn in days are Wed Oct 15th, Fri Oct 17th and Wed Oct 22nd. Due to the financial strain some families may be under from the teachers strike, post dated cheques will be accepted for the 1 sample Entertainment Book sent home with each student. Post dated cheques must be dated November 3, 2014.
• The PAC Executive would like to welcome our new Treasurer! Rose Ottesen was voted in at the PAC meeting on Friday. Thank you, Rose!
• Did you know? When you mention our school when making a purchase at Cobb’s Bread (Willowbrook location only) they pledge to donate 5% of your total back to PAC for our school. Yum!
• Have you sent your child’s Emergency Comfort Kit to school? Did you know you can purchase one through Edupac.ca for approx. $16? Also, the “foil” emergency blankets have been spotted at Dollars & Cents, Cdn. Tire and Army & Navy if you’re still trying to track one down!
• The Terry Fox run that was postponed due to the late Sept start will still be happening… look for it in April!
• Around Feb 20th First Aid Training will be open to Gr 5’s… cost is approx. $30
PAC Ambassador’s Needed! PAC Ambassador’s main purpose is to enhance and promote communication between parents and the PAC, by being the “go” person if there are any general questions or concerns, posters to put up on the outside of the classroom door, information to remind or relay to families during drop off and pick up. This position helps to facilitate the flow of information regarding PAC fundraisers. We need one parent/guardian to be assigned for each class to be sure the communication link is strong.
A LMCS PAC Ambassador Rep is:
· Organized and self initiated
· Someone with regular access to email and phone
· Willing to reach all parent/guardian(s) of the class including those without email.
If interested, please contact Corine at langleymeadowspac (at) gmail (dot) com
• FUN LUNCH – is coming Nov 14th… our first of the year will be PIZZA! Volunteers needed for counting Nov 3rd
• Fall Fair has officially been cancelled… Look for a Community Event in the Spring!
• Breakfast Club is up and running, seeing 15 – 35 children each morning. Big thank you to volunteers! Forms and donation envelopes coming home this week.
• Sports Club & Games Club running Thursdays from Oct 23 – Nov 27th. Baking classes Dec 4th. Reg forms sent home this week.
• Walking/Running groups meeting school parking lot Sun, Tues, Thurs evenings 7pm. Everyone at every level welcome!
• Procrastinator’s Club meets Friday nights in Nov, in the library during Night’s Alive (6pm – 8pm) bring your project and come on down!
• 2nd Annual Winter Craft/BAke Sale – Sat Nov 14th 10am – 1pm Book a table for $15
• Night’s Alive – Gr 5+ Friday nights 6-8pm
• LMCA Newsletter – will be out in the next couple of weeks as usual the LMCA is looking to reward some delivery helpers with a sweet treat! Sign up on the LMCA board in the foyer.
MS. JAGGI’S LATEST BLOG POST:
We LOVE Vanessa’s blog… if you haven’t already hop on over and see what the kids have been up to!
ENJOY YOUR WEEK EVERYONE!
Posted on October 14, 2014, in E-News Weekly Update, Mustang Spirit, What's Happening? and tagged Langley elementary schools, Langley Meadows Community Association, Langley Meadows Community School, Langley Meadows Elementary School, Langley Meadows PAC, LMCA. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.