This Week Feb 23rd – Feb 27th
Tuesday, FEBRUARY 24th
- Red Sky Performance for students
Wednesday, FEBRUARY 25th
- Anti-Bullying Day – Wear PINK to promote kindness & prevent bullying in our school & community
Thursday, FEBRUARY 26th
- Order Deadline for Fun Lunch online order system: https://lmcs.hotlunches.net/admin/
- SPIRIT DAY – Superhero/favourite character day
- LMCA Games Club & Sports Club after school
Friday, FEBRUARY 27th
- EARLY DISMISSAL NOON – Report card prep
MS. JAGGI’S LATEST BLOG POST:
The LMCA and Meadows Out Of School Care present…
Our pro-d full day camp runs on May 1st.
Spring Break full day camps run for the entire 2 weeks from March 16th – 27th.
Our programs are full of fun activities, crafts, walking field trips and much more.
The cost is $40.00 per child per day. Payment in full is required at the time of booking. This is non-refundable. No exceptions. We run these camps out of our MOOSC room (the multipurpose room) in the school. All camps are from 6:40am – 6:00pm.
You do not have to be registered in our MOOSC program already to enjoy our full day camps. Simply stop by our room to fill out a full day camp registration form or pick one up from in the office. A $10 non-refundable registration fee and a current photo of your child is required.
Any questions, please feel free to call 604-308-8851 or send an email to email@example.com and any staff member will be happy to help you.
LearnNowBC (www.LearnNowBC.ca) is a unique learner-focused online portal that provides a vast amount of free educational opportunities for Students (and Adult Students) in British Columbia. Parents are provided with comprehensive information about the many services available to help support their children’s learning, and Educators are given access to a wonderful selection of useful resources that they are able to use with their students.
Parents: Complete a brief survey and enter for your chance at a $100 prize. Visit www.LearnNowBC.ca/PACs for details.
Some of the educational programs and services that LearnNowBC provides include:
- Free Tutoring: One-on-one with Live tutors 5 nights per week.
- Streaming Video Lessons: For BC high school students, learn at your own pace to master challenging concepts.
- Online Self Testing: For Grades 11 and 12 students, they can review the results and access customized study guides to help them use their study time more effectively.
- Blackboard Collaborate (online meeting room/classroom): Educators and PACs can meet online through video, audio, text or virtual whiteboards.
- Academic & Career Advising Centre: Provides students and parents advising support through email or a toll free phone call.
- Course Finder: Anyone can search and find details on over 2500 DL courses offered in BC.
- Trades Program Finder: Students can find over 50 ACE IT programs offered through BC school districts and delivered by certified instructors in a high-school, at a partner post-secondary institution, or at an ITA-certified training facility.
- Young Learning Centre: Interactive, fun games and activities that help young learners develop fundamental skills in Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies with programs such as Bailey’s Book House and Millie’s Math House.
- Daily Physical Activity (DPA): Students can track their Daily Physical Activity using an easy online tool with their computer, tablet or smart phone to help meet the physical activity graduation requirement.
- Adult Graduation: The adult graduation section on LearnNowBC provides accurate and up-to-date information for those who want to earn their high school diploma or prepare for post-secondary education. Adults can find the courses they need to graduate, look at improving their grades or pick up a course or two they may have missed.
- Learning Resources: Thousands of learning objects, indexed by subject, course and learning outcome are available for free to use by anyone in the province.Find all this and more at www.LearnNowBC.ca and sign up for a free Student or Adult Student account.
ENJOY YOUR WEEK EVERYONE!
Posted on February 23, 2015, in E-News Weekly Update and tagged Langley elementary schools, Langley Meadows Community Association, Langley Meadows Community School, Langley Meadows Elementary School, Langley Meadows PAC, LMCA, LMCS, Parent Advisory Committee. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.