This Week March 2nd – March 6th
Spirit Wear is back! Order forms come home this week… scroll down for more info!
Thursday, MARCH 5th
- LMCA Games Club & Sports Club after school
Wednesday, MARCH 11th
- Report cards come home
Thursday, MARCH 12th
- LMCA Games Club & Sports Club after school
Friday, MARCH 13th
- PAC Meeting 8:45am in the library
- FUN LUNCH – Volunteers needed
- Jump Rope for Heart Day
MARCH 14th – 29th SPRING BREAK!!
MS. JAGGI’S LATEST BLOG POST:
Prior to Christmas the PAC organized Spirit Wear that LMCS families could purchase. At that time many people asked if we would host another opportunity to purchase clothing items later in the year, not around Christmas, when money was tight.
So here is round 2 of the Spirit Wear!
This week, order forms will be sent home with each student… or use this Printable PDF Order Form
There will once again be sample sizes in the office that you can try on before you order. We recommend checking out the sizes as some items fit small and once they are ordered they cannot be returned as they have our logo on them. If you are able to pop in and check it out with your child that is great, if you can’t because of work just send your child to the office and Mrs. Young or Ms Jaggi can help them out.
The items will be the same as the ones you may have seen around the school, charcoal grey with a turquoise logo. An image of the hoodie is attached. This time we have also added sweatpants in light grey with the same logo.
This is a great way to show school spirit and it is also a fundraiser for the school PAC.
We hope you like the items!
ORDERS DUE BY MAR 13th – DELIVERY TO SCHOOL MAR. 31th
The LMCA and Meadows Out Of School Care present…
Our pro-d full day camp runs on May 1st.
Spring Break full day camps run for the entire 2 weeks from March 16th – 27th.
Our programs are full of fun activities, crafts, walking field trips and much more.
The cost is $40.00 per child per day. Payment in full is required at the time of booking. This is non-refundable. No exceptions. We run these camps out of our MOOSC room (the multipurpose room) in the school. All camps are from 6:40am – 6:00pm.
You do not have to be registered in our MOOSC program already to enjoy our full day camps. Simply stop by our room to fill out a full day camp registration form or pick one up from in the office. A $10 non-refundable registration fee and a current photo of your child is required.
Any questions, please feel free to call 604-308-8851 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and any staff member will be happy to help you.
LearnNowBC (www.LearnNowBC.ca) is a unique learner-focused online portal that provides a vast amount of free educational opportunities for Students (and Adult Students) in British Columbia. Parents are provided with comprehensive information about the many services available to help support their children’s learning, and Educators are given access to a wonderful selection of useful resources that they are able to use with their students.
Parents: Complete a brief survey and enter for your chance at a $100 prize. Visit www.LearnNowBC.ca/PACs for details.
Some of the educational programs and services that LearnNowBC provides include:
- Free Tutoring: One-on-one with Live tutors 5 nights per week.
- Streaming Video Lessons: For BC high school students, learn at your own pace to master challenging concepts.
- Online Self Testing: For Grades 11 and 12 students, they can review the results and access customized study guides to help them use their study time more effectively.
- Blackboard Collaborate (online meeting room/classroom): Educators and PACs can meet online through video, audio, text or virtual whiteboards.
- Academic & Career Advising Centre: Provides students and parents advising support through email or a toll free phone call.
- Course Finder: Anyone can search and find details on over 2500 DL courses offered in BC.
- Trades Program Finder: Students can find over 50 ACE IT programs offered through BC school districts and delivered by certified instructors in a high-school, at a partner post-secondary institution, or at an ITA-certified training facility.
- Young Learning Centre: Interactive, fun games and activities that help young learners develop fundamental skills in Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies with programs such as Bailey’s Book House and Millie’s Math House.
- Daily Physical Activity (DPA): Students can track their Daily Physical Activity using an easy online tool with their computer, tablet or smart phone to help meet the physical activity graduation requirement.
- Adult Graduation: The adult graduation section on LearnNowBC provides accurate and up-to-date information for those who want to earn their high school diploma or prepare for post-secondary education. Adults can find the courses they need to graduate, look at improving their grades or pick up a course or two they may have missed.
- Learning Resources: Thousands of learning objects, indexed by subject, course and learning outcome are available for free to use by anyone in the province.Find all this and more at www.LearnNowBC.ca and sign up for a free Student or Adult Student account.
ENJOY YOUR WEEK EVERYONE!
Posted on March 2, 2015, in E-News Weekly Update and tagged Langley elementary schools, Langley Meadows Community Association, Langley Meadows Community School, Langley Meadows Elementary School, Langley Meadows PAC, LMCA, LMCS, Parent Advisory Committee. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.