This Week May 4th – May 8th
Wednesday, MAY 6th
- Kindergarten Orientation – 1pm
- PAC Meeting 7pm in the library
- New Constitution to be voted on… more info below
- PAC election nominations DEADLINE 6pm.Every LMCS parent/guardian (aka PAC member) has the right to nominate a qualified nominee. See earlier post HERE for more information.
Thursday, MAY 7th
- Pick ups for Devry Nurseries Growing Smiles Fundraiser at school @ 5pm
Friday, MAY 8th
- FUN LUNCH – Gourmet Take Away (volunteers needed for distribution, meet in foyer 11:10am)
Sunday, MAY 10th
- ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Mother’s Day ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Monday, MAY 11th
- Students arrive at 10:10am – Collaboration Day
Thursday, MAY 14th
- STAFF APPRECIATION LUNCHEON – salad, soup & sandwich/wraps lunch. If you can help either with a food donation or volunteering (throughout the day) please contact Jill Syme. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW LMCS PAC CONSTITUTION
The PAC voted to update the LMCS PAC Constitution, as it had not been updated since 2001. An initial draft was presented to the PAC Community for feedback. The Constitution Committee has met to ratify the initial draft based upon utilizing feedback received over the past 14 days.
This final draft will be presented for voting at the May Monthly PAC meeting. May 6th, 2015 – 7:00pm PAC meeting to be voted on.
The following documents were used as a reference when working on updating the Constitution:
– The School Act
– DPAC Constitution & Policies
– Parkside Centennial Elementary School Constitution & Bylaws
– Dorothy Peacock Elementary Constitution
– Yorkson Creek Middle School Constitution
The 2001 Constitution follows along with the 2015 – Final Draft.
LMCS Constitution Committee
LMCA MOTHERS’ DAY TEA
Just for the ladies! We are going to celebrate mothers/daughters/aunts and grandmothers. Girls…bring your special someone to the school library from 3:30-5:30 on Friday, May 8. We will be providing a high tea along with some special pampering…nails, hair, makeup and henna. All ages welcome…children must be accompanied by an adult. $5.00 per person.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please message Mrs. Robinson and Mrs. Yachuk at email@example.com or contact us on facebook at Langley Meadows Community.
LMCA SUMMER DAY CAMPS
The Langley Meadows Community Association is offering weekly programs right here at Langley Meadows Community School in July and August! We are excited to offer lots of day trips, crafts, games, sports and a lot more fun!! Click HERE for all the details!
Posted on May 3, 2015, in E-News Weekly Update and tagged Langley elementary schools, Langley Meadows Community Association, Langley Meadows Community School, Langley Meadows Elementary School, Langley Meadows PAC, LMCA, LMCS, Parent Advisory Committee. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.