This Week Sep 6th – Sep 9th
A Message from Ms Jaggi
I hope everyone had a great summer and was able to enjoy some of the sunny days!
First, I just want to say a big thank you for all of the emails with warm welcome back messages. It is making a difficult transition for me a little easier :O)
I would also like to introduce you to our new vice principal, Kim Anderson. We are thrilled that she is going to be part of the LMCS team. She has jumped right in and is busy helping get things organized and I know she is going to be a great fit with our community. Pop in and introduce yourself if you can.
Below are a few notes regarding next week. If you are still unsure about something, please do not hesitate to contact the office and we will be happy to help.
- School starts Tuesday September 6th, 2016. 8:40-10:15am, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 8:40am- 2:40pm
- Students will return to their class from last year
- Kindergarten students from last year will return to their last years class and follow the instructions on the classroom door.
- All classroom information for this year’s NEW Kindergarten students will be posted on rolling boards outside the front door Tuesday morning. The gradual entry schedule was emailed to all new K families.
- We hope to have students in their this year’s class by the end of the first week. Please be patient with us as we monitor who has moved away and who has moved in and try to ensure everyone is in the best possible spot.
- All new families please meet in the library. The library is inside the front doors.
- Please DO NOT bring school supplies the first day.
- Please remember the parking lot safety expectations. The inside lane is DROP OFF ONLY, please no parking. I understand there are limited spots and that is sometimes frustrating to find a parking spot but once people start parking in the drop off lane, vehicles begin to use the drive through lane to let their kids out. This then backs up traffic out onto Willoughby Way and is also a safety concern for students as they are now getting out of vehicles and running through moving traffic.
- Please do not block drive ways if you park on the street.
- If your child has a medical concern/allergy, please let the classroom teacher know so they are prepared to help if need be.
Thank you for all of your support as we try to make sure the first week of school is fantastic. It is an exciting time but for many kids it is a stressful time as well. Working together to make it run smoothly will ensure the week is enjoyed by all.
Langley Meadows Community School
A big welcome back to all returning students and staff,
we hope you had an amazing summer and are
returning to school refreshed and ready to learn!
Tuesday, SEPTEMBER 6th
- Classes will run from 8:40-10:15am
Wednesday, SEPTEMBER 7th
- Full day for Grade 1-5
- Kindergarten on gradual entry per information provided from the school
Friday, SEPTEMBER 9th
PAC Meeting 8:45am in the Library
All parents/guardians of current
students are encouraged to attend!
Thursday, SEPTEMBER 22nd
- Meet the teacher night
The LMCA board meeting will take place Monday Sept 12 at 7pm in the school library
About the LMCA:
The Langley Meadows Community Association (LMCA) is non-profit organization run by a volunteer board of directors. The LMCA coordinates many activities for our community including Meadows Out Of School Care (MOOSC), Breakfast Club, Adult Running Group, after school programs and activities, family movie nights, Nights’ Alice, community events, ect.
Find more information what makes Langley Meadows a community school here –> LMCA
Will be returning Monday Sept 12
The Breakfast Club runs Monday through Friday on days school is in session (not on Professional Days or Statutory Holidays). Children are welcome to come any time between 8:00-8:30 to join us in the gym for a healthy meal. Breakfast items may include one or more of the following; oatmeal, cold cereal and milk, fruit, yogurt, toast and cheese, juice and hot chocolate.
The Langley Meadows Running Group meets in the school parking lot every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday at 6:30pm for an (approximately) hour run/walk. Both beginner and experienced runners are welcome. Please check out our facebook page (Langley Meadows Running Group) for daily/weekly schedule updates.
Yoga for adults will run each Monday from 6:20-7:20pm beginning September 19 in the school library
This popular open gym program for students in grades 5-7 operates in conjunction with Youth Unlimited from our school gym.
Program will resume Fridays beginning September 16th. Please note time change **6:30-8:00pm**
Parents: please be sure to sign your child in and out every Friday. There will be weekly program updates on the Langley Meadows Community facebook page.
Posted on September 3, 2016, in E-News Weekly Update, General, What's Happening? and tagged Langley elementary schools, Langley Meadows Community Association, Langley Meadows Community School, Langley Meadows Elementary School, Langley Meadows PAC meeting, Parent Advisory Committee. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.